The second day of Vodacom rAge 2019 is in full swing at the Ticketpro Dome; the event takes place from Friday 27 September to Sunday 29 September, and you don’t want to miss it.
Apart from the exhibitors, artist’s alley, cosplay and amazing giveaways, these are a few of the items on the agenda scheduled for today. Tickets are available at the door.
rAge 2019: Day 2 highlights
We Think Code
If you’re interested in a career in software development, you’d want to stop by stand 59 and introduce yourself to WeThinkCode. They have an arcade machine there as well, and you are invited to try and beat the highest score.
You’d also be able to see all the wonderful projects WeThinkCode students are working on, and would be able to meet Blue, a robot that was designed and build by students.
Cali4ways Games will be showcasing Boetfighter on the main stage at 14:30. Evetech is inviting you to “come klap some okes” at their stand. The South African developed game will be available on Steam too, so remember to mark 8 October 2019 on your calendar.
If you’re a fan of Hard Eddy the you probably know all about Boet Fighter already because it’s is favourite game. But if you have no clue what it’s about, gather round.
So, with Boet Fighter you take to the streets of Johanensburg, going from club to club trying to find your binnet (girlfriend). It will be available on console too, once one the steam release is klapped reg. Lekker, ne?
Watch: Boet Fighter trailer
Cosplay and treasure hunts
You will also see people dressed up as some of their favourite characters. This is called cosplay, for those not in the know.
Remember, Cosplay is not consent. Respect a cosplayer’s personal space and always ask if you want to take a picture of them or with them. Manners, it’ll get you far.
Most cosplayer would agree to pose for a few selfies, but respect their right to say no. It is after all the fourth day of the Con, and if you think walking around in a heavy costume is easy, then perhaps you should try doing it as well.
Last but not least, a treasure hunt! Download the app, scan the code and use Table Realms to navigate around the event and keep track of the stalls you visit. Why? Because you could be the lucky winner of a loot prize!
- After Boet Fighter as its moment in the spotlight, Microsoft will take the stage to discuss Accessibility tools, followed by Minecraft For Education.
- If you want to know how to build and code your own fighter robot, don’t miss RobotWarz at 16:00
- Gregory Robinson will be talking about the eSports, and there’ll be cool Vodacom 4U giveaways as well.
- At 17:00, WeThinkCode will share how to “recode your future.” Gather at the main stage for Democratise and revolutionise learning.
- The day ends with the Animation school talking about careers and opportunities in Animation. Don’t miss it!